Indigo 7 Ventures Ltd (the “Company“ or “I7V”), is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals whose data it processes (“you” or “your“).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
Indigo 7 Ventures is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal data which is entrusted to us.
In addition, it outlines your data protection rights under the EU data protection regime introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR“).
Please contact us at Indigo 7 Ventures Ltd, I7V House, Straloch, Newmachar, Aberdeenshire, AB21 0RW or by email to email@example.com if you have any queries in relation to the processing of your personal data under this policy.
VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
The following section of this policy sets out how I7V may process personal data (as a controller) about visitors to its website.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which you provide to us though our website: name, date of birth, address, email address, telephone numbers, technical data (including internet protocol (IP) address and marketing and communications preferences (including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences).
We do not collect any sensitive personal data or special categories of personal data about you through our website (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions with you, including by filling in forms. This includes personal data you provide when you subscribe to our publications and/or request marketing to be sent to you.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, and other similar technologies.
Your personal data may be processed by I7V or its sub-processors (or any of their affiliates, agents, delegates or sub-contractors) for the following purposes:
- to send you updates on the performance of the Company, newsletters, invitations to events and other electronic marketing communications which we will do (a) on the basis of our legitimate interests if you have contacted us or (b) with your consent;
- to use data analytics to improve our website, marketing, customer experiences on the basis of our legitimate interests;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements;
- to scan and monitor emails sent to us (including attachments) for viruses or malicious software, to process and encrypt personal data to protect and manage email traffic, and to store personal data on our systems to pursue our legitimate interests including for document retention purposes; and
- such other actions as are necessary to manage the activities of I7V, including by processing instructions and enforcing or defending the rights and/or interests of I7V, in order to comply with their legal obligations and/or to pursue their legitimate interests.
We will use your personal data in the following circumstances: where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or those of a third party, or where you have provided consent (including in relation to the sending of electronic marketing communications) and where your interests and fundamental rights are not overridden by those interests, or where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
If we consider it necessary to obtain your consent in relation to the use of your personal data we will contact you to request this consent if it is not already obtained. In such circumstances, we will provide you with full details of the personal data that we would like and the reason we need it, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent. If you decide to provide your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, although that will not affect the lawfulness of processes based on consent before its withdrawal. To withdraw your consent or to opt out of receiving marketing communication, please contact us at, Indigo 7 Ventures Ltd, I7V House, Straloch, Newmachar, Aberdeenshire, AB21 0RW or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in electronic marketing communication. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
We will not disclose personal information we hold about you to any third party except as set out below.
We may disclose your personal data to other members of our group, to the Board of the Company, to third parties who are providing services to us, including IT service providers, event management, PR and marketing service providers, processors of the Company (including printers, registrars, administrators) telephone service providers, document storage providers and backup and disaster recovery service providers.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Some of the external service providers used by us may be based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever your personal data is transferred out of the EEA by us, we ensure (or require that our service providers ensure) a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law, are in place.
We have put in place what we consider to be appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data we hold, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
We also have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
In certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- request the transfer of your personal information to another party; and
- withdraw your consent. If we are processing your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processes based on consent before its withdrawal. To withdraw your consent or to opt out of receiving marketing communication, please contact us at, Indigo 7 Ventures Ltd, I7V House, Straloch, Newmachar, Aberdeenshire, AB21 0RW or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in electronic marketing communication. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at, Indigo 7 Ventures Ltd, I7V House, Straloch, Newmachar, Aberdeenshire, AB21 0RW in writing.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this privacy notice from time to time, and will communicate such updates through our website. We may also notify you from time to time about the processing of your data.
If you have any queries about this policy or your personal data, or you wish to submit an access request or raise a complaint about the way your personal data has been handled, please do so in writing and address this to us at Indigo 7 Ventures Ltd, I7V House, Straloch, Newmachar, Aberdeenshire, AB21 0RW or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company is a public limited company registered in Scotland (registered number SC619856) and its registered office address is Blackwood House, Union Grove Lane, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, AB10 6XU.
Get In Touch
Please get in touch if you would like more information about working with I7V.